Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inspiration from Greg Olsen

This Olsen painting called “Side by Side” reminds me of Kysa and Shay!  Someday I’ll buy a print of it and frame it, but for now I made my own version with the help of my camera and Photoshop. 

A couple funny phrases Kysa has said in the past 24 hours:  “I’m gonna SAVE THE DAY! (pretending to be Supergirl)”  “Run for your LIVES! (running from pretend spiders with Shay)” 

She also asked Ty, “Is your name Daddy?” 

Shay has really started to rule the roost.  Before bed, Kysa came downstairs crying because Shay pulled her hair and took her puzzle away from her.  But ironically they are also playing nicely together more than ever.  They played together for over an hour this afternoon without fighting, which to me was a real milestone.

Kysa is doing great when she’s awake with potty training, but still struggled with #2 on the toilet and naptime.  She’ll just hold it until she has a diaper for bedtime or her afternoon nap.  Shay loves to sit on the toilet and tells us frequently that she needs to “pee”, but she just sits happily on the toilet and doesn’t do anything.  She really enjoys flushing and washing her hands though.

No comments: