Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"I'm like a cat, mom"

Tonight after Kysa used the bathroom she said, “Mom, I don’t want to go in the toilet. I don’t want to die. I don’t want to be all gone.” She didn’t sound stressed when she said this, but I made sure she knew the toilet was safe. She goes to the bathroom several times a day, but definitely not #2 and she’s still in diapers. Maybe this is the problem???

Last night Kysa was picking things she liked (a game called WhoNu or something like that) and she picked “climbing trees”. She said, “I’m like a cat mom.”

Tonight Ky wanted to sleep with her puzzle and her “dragons”, little toy dinosaurs. She usually calls dinosaurs dragons for some reason. She let me cut her fingernails and her toenails tonight before bed, and she’s so good about it. The only thing close to complaining I got was the comment, “That one was a little hard mom,” which she said a couple of times after I cut her toenails.

As for Shay, she is putting more sentences together all the time. She likes puzzles like her sister, calls them “puzz-ees”. She also cracks me up when we leave anywhere and it’s dark outside, she says, “Spooky!”

We have our Christmas lights up on our house and it’s a good thing…otherwise we might get kicked out of the neighborhood. Raleigh was pleased when I got them all up today. He was good company while I worked on the roof. There are only 4 houses on our street that don’t have Christmas lights, and only a few on Robb St. I think it could be the most festive neighborhood in Idaho Falls other than Candy Cane lane. Yet another reason why I love living here.

No comments: