Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading Together

I was reading the children’s book “A Dog Called Kitty” to Raleigh last night, embarrassed that I was fighting back tears.  Then Raleigh just started crying…and I joined him, struggling to maintain my composure enough to finish reading.  I’m sure Ty and the girls were wondering what was wrong with us.  Then we started laughing through our tears, because after all, it was just a dumb old book.  We went to the library today to get more books to read together.  Raleigh was hoping there would be a sequel, but there isn’t.  Kysa picked up a random book in the adult section and wouldn’t let go of it until we got up to the checkout counter…wouldn’t even let me look at the title.  Finally I convinced her to put it on the counter, and I had to laugh at the irony in the title:  “Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much”.  HMMMM, is somebody trying to tell me something?  Of all the books for her to grab!  Seriously.

 

I don’t do too much! I mean today, I didn’t do too much at all.  I just went to my marketing meeting at Snake River Landing, then took the kids to Apple so I could go to Bootcamp at noon, then went to Sam’s Club for diapers and groceries, then came home, put the girls down for their naps, and did the dishes before heading off to NAI for our strategy meeting at 3:30, then over to Snake River Landing to get some files for our YouTube video, then home to fix dinner, then off to the library with Shay and Raleigh…then off to my basketball game in Sugar City.  (I carpool with the girls on my team.)  I’m not doing too much, AM I?  Geez, it makes me tired just writing about it.

 

Ty was happy with his first day of practice following tryouts.  Feels like the kids are quite a bit ahead of where they were last year.  Tonight my team lost for the first time in the Sugar City League to Crystal Carpenter’s team.  It was a frustrating game…hopefully we get to play them again in the tournament.

2 comments:

camfox said...

I enjoy your blog Kaly. I want to read that book. I'm so curious.
I cannot believe how much you do!

Kaly Shippen said...

Well just imagine all the stuff I'm NOT doing that I should be doing...like my laundry. UGHHH! And reading YOUR blog. I better get on those IMPORTANT things. :)