Friday, July 11, 2008

Kysa

Kysa is getting some serious air considering she is less than 2 and a half, but does she look more like a long jumper or a hurdler? I'm not sure.

Tonight I counted her doing about 4 sets of 20-30 leg lifts in a row while holding herself up between the tv stand and the couch. The funny thing was she really seemed to be doing "sets"--waiting until she was rested and then going to burnout each time. This is not something I've encouraged or showed her how to do. She just does things that challenge herself all the time.

The other day I asked Kysa a series of questions like "Are you going to be a _______ when you grow up?", and I filled in the blank with a variety of things like "waterskier, basketball player, teacher, doctor, mountain climber, golfer, swimmer, etc. I also ask her about things she is going to DO when she grows up, like "Are you going to get married in the temple?" She answered yes or no, and 90 percent of the time her answer was yes. I've only done this a couple of times, and tonight I asked her about three different questions and then she said, "Mommy, the temple....temple mommy". I sure thought that was cute that of all the questions I asked her, that stood out to her for some reason. So I asked her the temple questions, and then we sang "I love to see the temple" and then she fell asleep.

She also counted to 22 tonight, and then exclaimed "I did it!" Now I need to say, she missed two numbers--4 and 16, and I helped her get past 11 because she usually goes to 11 and then back to 8 for some reason. But she went from 19 to 22 on her own and I didn't even know she had those numbers down.

Courtney and Jared Heath came over tonight unexpectedly to drop off my tile saw and they ended up staying for a fun evening. The kids were enjoying their popsicles in this picture, and they also had fun with our new little kitty we got from Troy and Janet's family. The kitty is the baby of the cat we found in the barn last year that Kysa dubbed "Mack" after Grandma Ro's cat Max. (She was trying to say Max but pronounced it "Mack".) Anyway, we're not sure what to call the baby kitty yet but Ty thinks Sunny is a good name because the cats dad was found at the house on Sunnyside. I like "M.J." for "Mack Junior", even though it's a girl kitty. And Raleigh wants to name her "Bushy" because she likes to hide in the bushes. Kysa would like to name her "Meow Meow" (prounounced with the m-"ow" sound, not the MEEE-ow sound), and Shay doesn't want to name her anything--she just wants to squeeze her guts out. Luckily the kitty has sharp claws. I need to take some pictures of the kitty and post them. The picture of above is of the kids playing with the kitty in the box, but unfortunately you can't see the cute little white fluffball!




No comments: