Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Report

The girls needed a rest after the races in Menan! Kysa and I started the
day with a bike ride down to the river to help set up the Snake River
Landing booth at the Liberty Festival. Then we all headed out to Menan for
the races and the parade, and a really long wait in the taco line with Jen
Schaat. It was fun to have Jen and Eric family come out. I left with the
tired girls after the parade, and Cindy Davis came over while they were
sleeping so I could go help take the booth down near the falls. Steve and
Alison Frei were there nearly all day. They had lots of fun things to give
away. I even took one box of fans out to Menan and gave them away there.

Kirb and Andrew got here around 7 and we had our own little BBQ and then
watched the fireworks. We started by Taylor Crossing and Kysa put a blanket
over her head because she is totally scared of the fireworks. Shay decided
it would be funny to stick her finger down her throat and she threw up on
the grass. Then she laughed and tried to do it again. She seriously wasn't
sick, she just made herself throw up and thought it was hilarious. I don't
know where that came from.

We decided to try to get closer and go to the car so we could listen to the
radio broadcast. We ended up driving around. I got pulled over in the
middle of the fireworks and the officer told me my taillights weren't on.
OOPS! He let us go really fast, but it scared the crap out of me. I know
he had better things to do than give me a ticket so I was lucky. When we
got home we watched some comedians on YouTube. I've got my laptop hooked up
to my flat screen in the living room and I'm using a wireless laptop and
mouse from the coach to work on the computer. It was fun to watch the
YouTube clips on the big screen. I just got it hooked up like this
yesterday.

Ty and Raleigh stayed out in Menan and are sleeping out in the tent tonight
at Sue and Emmett's. I'm sure they are having a blast.

No comments: