Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend in Paul

Ty's golfers had a practice round at Rupert on Saturday so we decided to make it a family trip and stay overnight, and then hit Nash Gillette's baby blessing and the dinner at Giff and Mari's (in Pocatello) on the way home.

We had to stop at Snake River high school where Eliza was playing volleyball to drop some dance stuff off with Janet that Hannah and Olivia had left as our house. I was bummed that we didn't have time to stop and see Grandma Rue, but I gave her a call and Claire and Dale were there so that made me feel better.

We met mom and the Minico baseball game and then she took the kids home. I got to go golfing for the first time this year and it was fun. I got tired and hungry towards the end of the round and I was so excited to go to Stevo's afterwards. I ate all my food and took home Boston and Tyson's leftover fries. What a treat!


We had fun playing outside with Nochie and Max. Raleigh played frisbee for a long time with Ty. Shay had a lot of fun on the trampoline and cracked us up. She was not quite as wild as Kysa was at her age, but she was still pretty aggressive.

Kysa continues to be a daredevil. When Ty woke up he came upstairs to find her out front banging on the door to be let in. I was still asleep, and Grandma and Grandpa had already left for church. She informed Ty she'd been out playing with the doggie.

Later she got on the trampoline by herself and I was standing in the doorway watching her. She decided she wanted to get off and said, "Mom, help." I said, "Okay Ky, I'm comin'."

She said, "No, I jump." So she did. And she stuck the landing, like a gymnast. She landed in a perfect little squat, then stood up, no wobbling at all. How many two year old jump off trampolines, and land on their feet? Raleigh told me she jumped off the trampoline this winter a few times, but I never witnessed it. So i guess he wasn't kidding.

No comments: