Thursday, May 1, 2008

Broken Mirror, Skyline Parking Lot Diaper Change

Uncle Perry's horse trailer is hooked up to the Expedition awaiting the move to the new house in a couple of weeks. Since the Booster Club was needing help, I volunteered to bring the horse trailer over to a Party Rental place to haul stuff to Skyline for the big Hall of Fame banquet tomorrow night. Shay kept Kysa and I had Raleigh and Kysa get in the Ex. As usual I had to run back in the house for something. In the meantime, Kysa climbed in the back and thought it would be a good idea to straddle a door mirror that I hadn't unloaded, and broke it into pieces. Luckily she didn't get cut, but Raleigh managed to get a little cut on his finger. Of course, he was freaking out when I got out to the car and realized he had a little blood on his finger. He got spanked on the way into the house because he wouldn't stop flipping out--I'm sure it really helped....I ended up leaving him home so Ty could deal with him. We had a good talk about it tonight and he laughed. He's pretty good about putting himself in other people's shoes, and I made him tell me what he would tell his son (if his son was freaking out about a tiny little cut on his finger) if he was the dad. Anyway, after that we were looking at our old blog entries and I asked him what I should write about for today and he said, "Kysa breaking the mirror." I do as I am told....some of the time.

Shay has started to say a couple new words--she said "juice" very clearly tonight when she wanted a juice box. She makes a little circle with her lips when she says it and holds it--it's pretty cute. She also likes to say "nope", and when she does she really emphasizes the ending and actually bring out her lower lip and blows air out of her mouth so it makes her bangs move. It's "No-puh". She does it on purpose and it's pretty funny.

Shay will follow directions from us on a few things now, like closing doors, throwing stuff in the garbage, etc. We'll tell Raleigh to brush his teeth and Shay will run to the bathroom like she's on a "million dollar treasure hunt" as Ty likes to say. Same thing with taking a bath. Brushing her teeth is definitely a favorite activity of hers.

Shay's second favorite word right now is still shoes--she loves to say "sh-shoes" and she loves to put on any pair of shoes she can get her hands on. Raleigh has taught her the McDonald's jingle--buh buh buh buh buh--lovin' it. and of course since that's not that far off from ba-ba, so she tried to imitate him and sing that. (Her favorite word is still ba-ba.)

Oh wow, I almost forgot! The funniest thing today of all was Kysa at Skyline. She told me she pooped her pants, so we had to go out to the car to get a diaper for her. There wasn't a diaper in the car so I told her to stay there and I quickly ran over to the Expedition which was a few parking spaces away. I grabbed a diaper and turned around, and there was Kysa, laying on her back in the middle of the parking lot with her legs in the air, ready for me to change her. It was so funny I quickly grabbed my video camera and got evidence.

I think it's time to get that girl potty trained! Yikes. But did I ever get a chuckle out of that one.

No comments: