Friday, May 30, 2008

Moving Blues

I would be so sunk without the help of Grandma Ro and Grandma Sue right now.  We finally got to a point where we could live in the other house (today) but we’re still a long way from being done moving.  These pictures are from Monday when Eliza and Olivia came over to help babysit the kids while we moved things.  Good memories.

 

Raleigh said several times tonight at the new house—I just want to go HOME!    I know how he feels, the new house doesn’t feel like home yet.  I have found myself feeling strangely sad and I did not expect to feel this way about leaving the house on Sunnyside.  I am going to miss it, the green shag carpet and all.  Heck, even the orange carpet in the kitchen!  It’s the perfect color scheme for Halloween parties.  I think one thing that will help Raleigh feel more at home will be to get his computer set up.  He misses playing Toontown.  I am actually at the house on Sunnyside right now because I had to do some stuff on the computer and we don’t have internet at the new house yet.  (I also had to pick up Ty’s cell phone that I left here and get some clothes for both of us.)  It’s been a really stressful week for both of us with the Skyline camp going on and the J.V. tournament at Skyline this weekend, not to mention the Madison camp for the varsity team.  Poor Ty is just doing his best to keep his head above water.  So like I said, without our moms we would be sunk for sure. 

 

We went to the gym for a bit tonight to wait for Ty and the kids had fun playing with Laura and Travis’s girls Erin, Jesse, and Riley.  Kysa started trying to dribble, and I’ve never seen her do it before.  She dribbled 3-4 times several times and seemed to be picking up on the technique.  I just enjoy watching the way she does things.  I think she has more athleticism in her little fat finger than I have in my entire body.  Like mom says, “I can’t believe she’s only two.” 

 

I had to leave Shay in the car for a couple of minutes and she could see lightning in the distance and she was really freaking out about it.  I had to hold her for quite awhile when we got home because she was insecure. 

 

I love my kids.  I just hope they don’t tear our new house apart!

 

2 comments:

camfox said...

wow. sounds like really stressful times! hang in there. things will get better

The Venegas Family said...

Hey Kaly- HOW DO YOU DO IT? You are amazing! I loved looking at your blog. You have some great pictures on here. Good luck w/ the move! Love ya, Sus