Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Adorable Little Cave-Kids

I have been listening to audio on my MP3 player of a book from the IF Public Library: Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp. I just happened to stumble upon it...if nothing else it's given me a funny little paradigm shift that has helped me chuckle at Shay's behavior (and Kysa's) without wanting so badly to pull my hair out.

I thought this review on the book was pretty good: http://thecelebritycafe.com/books/full_review/1174.html

Shay is between the stages of "Neanderthal" and "Cave-Kid". Kysa is between a "Cave-Kid" and a "Village Person". HA!

I was listening to some of the audio while I was watching the two of them in the bathtub, and I just kept laughing. I think I'm going to pick up a few tips from the audiobook that will help me be a better mom. I will report back once I've listened to the whole thing.

It was fun to go to the library. We hadn't been in a long time, and I decided it was time to start going regularly again. Kysa enjoyed being on the computer listening to a story for about 20 minutes. Shay was her usual wild self, and of course Raleigh is great in that setting. One thing the book said was that the toughest age is usually between 18 months and 24 months--and that's actually when the "terrible twos" usually hit with full force. I would agree with that wholeheartedly!

Ty helped his dad and the gang with a cattle drive today. Sue watched the kids this morning so I could attend our bi-weekly staff meeting.

No comments: