Thursday, September 18, 2008

Raleigh's First Soccer Goal

I was so proud of Raleigh tonight--he scored his first soccer goal. His team also won for the first time, 2-0. He was pretty excited about it. He's got good bursts of speed. He's definitely one of the faster kids when he runs hard, but he's still figuring out how to maintain that top speed. The first game he'd just kick it once and then stand and watch it. He's figuring out that he's got to keep running hard after he kicks it so he can go kick it again.

I had a busy day. After Ty got home, I went to Gem Lake and swam in the river for about 20 minutes while Barb Ehardt jet skied, and then went to the 5:30 bootcamp class with Mandi. It was Mandi's first time and I think she really liked it and will sign up so she can get in really good shape for basketball. I'm hoping her friends will also decide to do it. It's a group fitness class at Apple that you have to pay for, but wow, it's been worth it for me. It's the best conditioning I've done since college, and probably harder than our pre-season conditioning for basketball. I love it. Earlier today I ran a mile in 6:55 on the treadmill. Then I did intervals until i hit the 5K mark.

Lately I have been dropping Raleigh off at kindergarten (or having my friend Marcia drop him off with her son Brennan), and then heading to Apple with the girls. When we get back they are ready for naps, but unfortunately not today and I only got them down about 5 minutes before Ty got home from school. They were full of it for me, and for him when they woke up. He hauled everybody to the soccer game and I met them there after the class.

oh what else, i also tried to take Kysa and Shay to get their pictures taken at Wal-Mart this morning. That didn't go so well. We didn't even get any because we couldn't get a good one of the two of them. Yes, they were bad, but the gal who was taking the pictures took forever to actually take the pictures. By the time she did her thing, it was too late. She missed a lot of good shots. It think you ought to have a rapid fire camera set up to get good candids of kids. But that's what I get for going to Wal-Mart. It wasn't planned anyway, they just had a good deal for a couple of 10 x 13's for 10 bucks and I thought "Why not?"

One cute thing...I told Kysa to say "Happy" when we were trying to take pictures, because that usually results in a cute smile. Sure enough, Shay joined in, saying "Happy" several times. Of course, now she won't do it because she doesn't like to do anything when asked. It's got to be on her own terms. Shay puts little sentences together like "I want that". And she says a lot of things we can't quite understand. Shay is cute, but I really hope she grows out of this bratty stage. But like Ty said the other day, when she's a teenager we might be thankful that she's "Miss No-No" when it comes to staying away from things like drugs and boys. :)

Tomorrow is the Homecoming Parade and Raleigh gets to go watch it with his kindergarten class. Ty is driving a vehicle so he will try to throw some candy to him. I don't know if I'll go or not...depends if the girls go down for their naps or not.

Oh...one other thing. Barb and I talked about starting an open water swimming group next summer. More on that later, but the goal is just to have some people to go swim the river with, like they do down in Burley with all the Rockscycling folks.

No comments: