Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Kysa's First Prayer

Kysa said prayers tonight—she did a great job repeating what I said in her little “jabbertalkie” as Grandma Rue calls it. She thanked Heavenly Father for “Raw-wee”, “Shay Shay”, “my daddy”, and “mommy”. And of course she clapped after she says “men”.

We went by the river around noon today and there were lots of ducks and geese. She was right in the middle of them. She was so mad when we had to leave. She let me hear it.

Shay is climbing up on EVERYTHING. She’s got two more teeth coming in on top and has been a little grumpy. She LOVED jumping in the Johnny Jump-Up tonight. We should have let her try it sooner, just didn’t think about it. Of course Kysa wants turns too.

Raleigh has one more swimming lesson this session and is doing really well. He can do a few strokes of freestyle, of course he doesn’t know how to breathe, but he’s improving all the time. He is also doing better at basketball. My friend Rebecca said, “Do you just work with him all the time? He’s such a good dribbler!” He has been in the top two or three in “dribble tag” at his Apple basketball clinic on Thursdays and is very proud of that. He told me when he went to Ty’s games at the Rec Center, “I just dribble. I don’t even SHOOT!”

Oh, and he kicked my butt at Mancala 3 out of 4 times last night. Seriously, I was trying to beat him. I was kind of mad the third time. All those times playing with Grandma Ro must be paying off. I might have to come get some lessons from her (or Ty) so I don’t keep getting beat by a five year old!

No comments: