Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Jamboree

Ty's teams played in a jamboree tonight with West J and South Fremont. They did well, winning all quarters except the first against South, which they lost 9-8. The JV team played really tough defense and pushed the ball. I hauled the kids out and missed the first couple quarters, but I was glad I went because I was able to get good pictures of the kids in their jerseys for a slideshow for the fundraiser dinner on Monday.

I am so thankful Nancy Wallis is heading that up so I don't have to stress about it this year.

Shay has been saying "mama" the last couple of days. And I'm pretty sure she was saying "more" when I was feeding her applesauce tonight. It sounded different than mom and she was saying it between every bite. That little sweetie can eat! She struggled for awhile because she would push the food back out with her tongue, but she's way past that stage now. She has been my worst eater, but no more. She's picking up where Kysa left off at this age.

Kysa is so funny right now. She has the best "jabbertalkie" ever. We need to get her on tape more doing her jibber jabber. We call Grandma Ro quite frequently because Kysa likes to talk to her. She can say a ton of words, but when she starts spewing out the sentences, nobody can keep up with her.

Raleigh had a check up today with Dr. Groberg and was over 90th percentile weight and height. He had to get shots, and oh man, was that traumatic. He was screaming way before the nurses even touched him. Then tonight he kept asking me questions about when he had to get shots again, and kept saying he didn't want them again. I don't know how to handle him--I think most of the time I take the "suck it up, Raleigh" approach. I'm not the most sympathetic mom, and I don't know if that makes it worse or if that's what he needs. All I know is that Kysa has shown a much higher pain tolerance than Raleigh demonstrated at that age, and now.

Ty has practice at Apple in the morning because the water line at Skyline broke today (and the kids got out of school early because of it.) Then we'll probably spent a few hours cleaning and doing laundry before we head to Paul.

Raleigh's friend Holden Schaat and his brother Henry and sister Hope are coming over from around 10 to Noon as well, since Jen and Eric both have to work and they are out of school. Raleigh is looking forward to that.

Yesterday was WAY fun as I went to Rexburg with the kids and we hung out with Niki, Sara Jane, Sharee, and Coach Woodland.

No comments: