Sunday, January 29, 2012

Teaching Kids Reverence and Respect

Ty and I had to talk in church today.  My topic was "teaching children reverence and respect."  After church, Kysa tapped me on the shoulder to tell me she was going home in dad's car. Ty was talking with someone in the foyer, so Raleigh, Shay, and I headed out to the car and drove home.

As we headed into the house, Ty pulled in, concerned.  "Kysa's not with you?"  Nope.

I thought, "Now that will teach her some respect."

When he got back to the church he found her chilling by the coat rack in the foyer, not crying, with a smile on her face.  When we left the church building, Kysa told us she was looking for Shay's coat, which she didn't realize I had already found.  Ty didn't see her anywhere and assumed she had left with us.    But I guess if you're going to accidentally leave your kid somewhere, the churchhouse would be at the top of the list.

No comments: