Monday, January 2, 2012

Living in the Hospital / Toothbrushes

As we embark on a New Year, I am resolving to be more consistent about posting to the blog.  Here are a couple anecdotes I've been meaning to post:

Christmas Eve Ty was talking to the kids about being grateful for all of our blessings, like having a warm house to live in.  "Do you know some people don't even have houses to live in?"  He asked.

After thinking about that somber fact for a moment, Kysa responded, "Yes, some people live in the HOSPITAL!"  A few seconds later, as she pondered some more she added, "Oh, and the Indians don't live in houses."

Yesterday I took the girls to the Melaleuca store and I let them each get a new toothbrush.  As we checked out I noticed they both had a blue toothbrush.  "Girls, wouldn't it be a good idea to get different colors so you can tell your toothbrushes apart?"

They were both insistent that blue was their favorite color.  What to do?  I told them I would just have to write their names on the handles or something.  Then Kysa decided to take one for the team and headed to the toothbrush section.  Shay soon followed, much to my chagrin.  I looked at the cashier and she smiled and said, "You know, neither of them will come back with a blue toothbrush."

Sure enough, Kysa came back with a green toothbrush, followed by Shay....with a green toothbrush.

Pretty much sums up what we're dealing with at this stage.

No comments: