Monday, July 26, 2010

funny little girls

I was randomly looking through my sent folder and saw this short email to
Gram Ro back in March. Thought it was worth posting.

Before bed, Kysa.."If I lick my lips they'll get chappy and then we'll put
more lipstick on!" (I don't even own any chapstick, so the chapstick thing
definitely comes from Grandma Ro.)

And then she said, "Mom, tell Grandma Ro to come to our house on Sunday!"

Recent funny comments from Shay:

"Poot is Bodie's brother."

I told Shay to go get her pillow. She responded, "Aye, aye, captain!"

And one of my favorites-last weekend after the Gillette reunion at
Pomerelle, Kysa got to ride back to Idaho Falls with Grandma Ro who was on
her way to take care of Bodie in Wyoming. As usual, Kysa was having a hard
time coping with Grandma leaving, and didn't want her to go. She kept
saying, "Grandma, don't go." Shay finally had had enough, put both of her
little hands on Grandma's thighs and shoved her, yelling, "Grandma, GO!!!!"
It was priceless. So, Grandma left. Kysa cried. And Shay was relieved.

Driving to Wyoming for the Jasperson reunion, Kysa asked a question about
something, I can't even remember what it was, and my answer included the
word "sturdy". She started laughing loudly, "Sturdy?" More chuckles.
"That's a funny word!-Sturdy!", she said. Then Shay and Kysa repeated the
word sturdy for a few minutes, chuckling. Apparently a funny new addition
to their growing vocabularies.

No comments: