Friday, July 16, 2010

Cousin Layton's first two fish

Another Gillette Cousin Blog Entry as I thought this was cute.

Tori, Layton, and I went fishing down to the river below the house for the
first time yesterday. Layton was very excited to go fishing and had been
bugging me about it all morning.
 
On the way there we saw the moose crossing the river. Then we waded across a
spring and made it to an S turn in the river. After a few casts Layton
caught his first fish on a worm threaded worm. He needed alot of help
reeling it in and I don't think he realized he had a fish until we got it
close. I'm not sure it is a very good omen, but it was an 10 inch chub.
 
We snapped a few pictures and I made another cast with Layton's schredded
worm so I could help Tori get her line back in the water. Before I could
walk away from Layton his rod started bouncing again. Again, I don't think
he realized at first what was going on, but the fish started running towards
the opposite bank and taking alot of line, despite me having the drag set at
a fairly strong level. By the way it was running up and down the river I
thought he had snagged a 5 pound carp or something. After a lengthy fight we
were delighted to finally bring it in and see a 17 1/2 inch beautiful brown.

 
Anyway, just thought I send a few picks and tell the story.
 
Austin

No comments: