Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Golf, Cycling, Dentist, Baseball, and Tennis

Ty was at state golf Saturday to early this morning.  The boys team did alright but it was a tough course and they didn’t make it into the medals as a team or individually.  It was a tough couple of days for Brooklyn Anderson, a freshman and only girl to qualify individually, but I’m sure it will help her for next year.

 

The kids and I went to Paul for the weekend and I ended up doing a Century bike ride on Saturday.  It was a fundraiser for Tracy Temple and I was surprised and how good I felt on the bike and how quickly I got over the soreness.  By Monday I felt pretty much normal.  I rode most of it with Jan Allen and Carrie Perrigot, and the last 33 mile loop I tried to keep up with Lisa Taylor and Marden Plant.  Mom was nice to watch the kids, but I think on Sunday she was definitely ready for us to go.  The kids LOVE riding the four wheeler at Grandma’s.  Raleigh went up to Blinko’s butte twice, once with me and once with Grandma.  Raleigh was also pretty cute.  I took Kysa and Shay on a ride and he decided to run through the field up to the shop to “train” for his fun run in August at Community Park.  Then after we played on the tractors and combines for awhile he ran back home.  The kid has some good endurance.  He put in a mile. 

 

Kysa went to her first real dentist appointment at Legacy Dental (Dr. Thuernagle) this morning and was a trooper.  Thankfully her teeth are looking great.  LaRelle Steele was her hygienist (LaRelle’s son Kieran has done some basketball stuff with us). 

 

Raleigh had his first baseball practice for this season tonight at the Village park.  Renae Merzlock is the coach and all the kids on the team go to Ethel Boyes.  Ty went out and helped a bit with the practice.  During the practice I took Kysa and Shay to the treehouse at Apple so I could go to my tennis lesson with Tollan Whitlock at the Apple tennis facility.  I am playing USTA leagues on a 2.5 team this summer, and we had our first game Monday.  My partner Cherie and I won 6-1, 6-1 but next Monday we play the toughest team so we’ll see what happens.  I am excited to be playing and really enjoying it.  My experience prior to this consists of 4 beginning tennis lessons and 3-4 pick-up matches but like most sports there is overlap.  I think my volleyball background is very helpful.  My favorite shot is the overhead shot at the net. 

 

My main goal in doing this is to get to the point that I can go play singles with Ty and be good enough that it’s fun for both of us.   I just don’t like doing things that I suck at! 

 

Tomorrow morning I’m taking the girls out to Rebecca Nead’s so I can play in a golf tournament with Coach Woodland at Jefferson Hills.  Then tomorrow after school Raleigh has his second-to last spring basketball clinic with Barb at Apple, and then in the evening I have my second to last city league game.  It’s just a four team tournament so we have to win to make it to the championship next week.  Busy, busy, but FUN!  The weather has finally turned nice, hooray!

 

No comments: