Sunday, April 11, 2010

Off to the Races

Yet another embarrassing day for the Shippens at church. Kysa and Shay just had to go to the bathroom about halfway through sacrament meeting. After washing hands, I told the girls as I pushed the restroom door open, "Now let's go back in and be quiet and show dad how good we can be." But what they heard was, "On your mark, get set, go!!!!"



Without warning they took off in a full sprint down the long hallway back towards the chapel, and the only thing I could do was PRAY they would slow down. No luck. They RACED in to the 3rd row pew where Ty and Raleigh were sitting, with Shay yelling, "I win, I win."



By the time I made it to the foyer, Kysa was laughing and running back out of the chapel towards me and I could hear Shay crying. Ty then had to haul her out. She was crying because he managed to grab ahold of her and wouldn't let her follow Kysa. If only Grandpa Jer-Bear or Grandpa Emmett would have been there--there would have been beatings. :)



Fish Stories



The girls were talking about the fish tonight and I asked them what happened to lucky.  (Raleigh’s old goldfish that I accidentally killed while cleaning his tank.)  Kysa said "He's in the sink".  I reminded her that Ty flushed him down the toilet, and added, so he could go to the ocean (Nemo).  Then Shay piped in, "Cuz that's where he belongs."  Kysa looked puzzled, and Shay repeated "That's where he belongs, in the ocean!"  Then Kysa explained her puzzled look, adding, "Yeah, with the poop and the pee."  Oops.  I had to tell Kysa I was just kidding about the whole toilet leading to the ocean thing.

No comments: