Friday, March 13, 2009

Six Overtimes with Grandma Rue

Tonight I watched a six overtime game between Syracuse and Uconn with Grandma Rue.  Lucky for me that she watches ESPN or I would have missed this classic!  I stopped to see her after the 9th grade team I was coaching finished playing at Snake River.  (We lost against Highland 56-54!)  There were only 30 seconds left in regulation when I arrived.  An hour-and-a-half later I left grandma’s house, immediately after the game got over.  INCREDIBLE!  Flynn was 21-23 from the free throw line, and had he not been lights out Syracuse would have lost for sure.  I just thought this memorable game was worthy of a blog post.  It was so fun to watch that with her.  Grandma is awesome.  She kept picking up box elder bugs with her bare hands and throwing them in the garbage.  They always come out in her house when it starts to warm up.

 

Box elder bugs or not, I always love going to grandma’s house.  Ty went out to Menan with the kids tonight. 

 

No comments: