Friday, March 27, 2009

Good to be HOME!

Well, we survived our California trip and Grandma Ro and Grandpa Jer-Bear survived Shay for six days. We left Sunday around 11:45 (after a spring snowstorm) and mom met us in Pocatello with Shay at 4:15 this afternoon. After hauling stuff in from the car and re-packing, Ty was off to Anaconda for a 11 p.m. game with Chad Williams and the rest of the 6'1" and under team that Ty has played with in past years. Ty just missed their first game at 9 a.m. this morning which was a 30 point victory. I hope they can win it! Busy week for Ty.

I still can't believe what troopers Kysa and Raleigh were on the trip. Much better than I anticipated. It helps to have the DVD player for sure, but we didn't watch movies the entire time and our selection was somewhat limited. Kirby and Andrew gave us several good choices but we didn't bring any of our own and I think we ended up watching "Elf" seven or eight times. Pretty
sure I have most of it memorized at this point. During our travels, we stayed with Will and Leslee in San Ramon, Amy and Eric in Ventura, and LaRae and Adam in the St. George area. We were going to stay at a hotel last night but Raleigh said he really wanted to go and play with LaRae's kids, even though they were only 2 and almost 1. Raleigh really likes little kids
and it's fun to see him try to be helpful. LaRae made us a delicious breakfast this morning and it was cool to get to know Adam and see their cute little boys.

I thought I might get a chance to watch the NCAA's tonight, at least a little bit, but that was a dream. Too much to do, and the kids kept me hopping! Or should I say, Kysa and Shay kept me hopping! The girls are so cute together at times, but they fight like cats and dogs, and on a dime
they can go from playing nicely to battling it out. Thank goodness Raleigh is such a good helper. As I was putting them down for bed after their baths I was taking turns brushing Shay's hair and then going into Kysa's room to brush her hair. A couple of rotations, then lights out, bed time. Well, that's how it's supposed to work! As I was brushing Shay's hair she hollered something at Kysa.

Kysa grumbled, "Shay, I gonna kick your butt!"

Shay yelled, "No, my butt!" I don't know what I'm gonna do with those two.

Kysa went to sleep fine after that little exchange, but Shay ended up getting shut in her room to cry herself to sleep. I'm not into endless hair brushing. Once she says "no!" to me and starts kicking, the game is over and she gets shut in her room.

It's kind of sad because it's unanimous among those who were around her this week that Shay is a different person when she doesn't have Kysa to contend with. The only time she reverted back to her naughtiness was around Snowshack the cat. She was also a little gruff with Max and Nochie. Competition I guess.

GRANDMA RO'S REPORT ON "SHAY-ISMS"

Dad was walking toward the bedroom and remarked, "Little dunklin, keeps
busy." Shay said, "I Shay "
She was looking at pictures and said, "Me" , as she pointed to herself in
one!
She is very smart. I loved having her. I love 'em all, it's just so much
more we are used to, but we love it, once a year!! Love, MOM

Here is a great example of Shay the antogonist, from tonight:


No comments: