Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bodie and L.A.'s birthday

Happy Birthday to Bodie Jane and Grandpa Gillette.  Giff and Mari had a baby boy a couple days ago and named him after Grandpa!  How awesome is that?

 

I started training for the Ogden Marathon Sunday.  Did 3.2 miles in the morning, 5.3 more after the Superbowl.  Felt great Monday and Tuesday but didn’t do anything, ha ha.  Today I did my interval workout and ended up logging 5 miles in 43:25 even with walking the 200 M rest intervals.  Not bad considering I haven’t been doing much running.  I did a total of 7 miles today in 1:05:00 counting the warm-up and cool down.

 

I am just doing a 3 day a week running program and I’ll cross train with it on some of the other days.  My goal is to work out 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and follow the running program as closely as I can.

 

I am thinking about documenting my training on this blog, but I’m also keeping track of my miles on my Droid with a program called RunKeeper so the blogging thing might be overkill.  I am LOVING the treadmill I bought with the $500 gift card I won from Play It Again sports.  All I did to win it was text a word to a number after hearing a radio ad.  Got a call from Play It Again about 20 minutes after getting home from TITHING SETTLEMENT that I’d won the gift card.  So my long awaited treadmill purchase happened sooner than expected.  I know it’s going to help my training immensely.  No excuses for not running now.  My weight is around 143.  Hoping to drop down a bit before the marathon, but this is a good basketball playing weight.  I figure basketball playing weight is 140-145 lbs for me, and marathon weight for me ought to be about 130-135 pounds. 

 

I took Shay to the eye doc at Sam’s club today because she started going cross-eyed a couple months back and it seems to be getting worse.  Turns out we’re ordering glasses for her too. She’s far sighted like Kysa but her prescription isn’t nearly as bad.  We may have to patch her or use eye drops to force her to strengthen her lazy eye, but the doc is doing some research on her prescription and calling me back on Friday with a more definite plan for her.  The doc is Brad Reinhart and he went to optometry school with our friend Rob Foster.

 

 

 

No comments: