Monday, June 14, 2010

Kaly Gillette Shippen

I am excited about the chance to meet all of you!  I have three kids--7, 4, and 3, with the two girls only 13 months apart. (What were we thinking!)  My husband is a h.s. counselor and coach.  Currently I am working part-time as the marketing manager for a commercial real estate company so I spend a good share of my time on the computer doing graphic design, web site management, and social networking.  I finished my Master's in Instructional Psychology and Technology from BYU in 2006 and taught 8th grade social studies in Anchorage Alaska from 01-03.  I love basketball, golf, triathlons, waterskiing, and as of this summer, tennis.  This weekend I'm headed to Colorado to visit a teammate from my basketball days at San Diego State, compete in the USMS 6K open water swimming championship, and go to a Rockies game.  (A trip I've been looking forward to for a long time.) Oh, and one more thing...GO CELTICS!

(This was my intro. to my fellow BYU-Idaho online learning orientation classmates. I will be teaching an online class this fall, wahoo!)

1 comment:

camfox said...

How was the USMS 6K open water swimming championships Kaly? We haven't talked about this! Really cool. And how was the spudman? And I need to call you about that wetsuit. I was in Canada when you called. Sorry we haven't talked yet.