Friday, October 2, 2009

"I'm 45?"

I picked Kysa up to take her to bed tonight and she felt extra heavy so I
put her on the scale in my bathroom. "Yep, you're still 45 pounds", I said.
She looked at me puzzled and asked, "I'm not three anymore? .. I'm 45?" I
explained that she weighed 45 pounds--she was still 3 years old. As I was
tucking her in she was not convinced. She insisted, "I need to go tell
Daddy my number. I need to tell him I'm 45!"

As I was wishing Shay goodnight I said, "I love you Shay."

She responded, "I love you A LOT."

Both of the girls talked to Kelsy and Grandma Ro on Skype tonight for about
30 minutes. Kelsy played her flute for them. Raleigh and Ty went to the
Rigby-Madison football game since Skyline didn't have a game this week.
General conference tomorrow! It's been a really busy week for me with work
deadlines and all of Barbara Ehardt's campaign stuff. It will be good to
slow my pace a bit and enjoy conference. We even made it to the temple
yesterday night with Giff, Mari, Rachel, and Austin, which was a small
miracle considering how busy this week was. They brought their kids up here
and I had Jenna Zollinger and Brooklyn Brizzee come to babysit the 7 kids.
(It was six for most of the time as Raleigh had flag football practice and
then went over to Ryker Perkins house.)

No comments: